Arrive for a 6.30pm start in the LRC, Main Building. Please access the school by the Watery Lane entrance.
Arrive for a 6.30pm start in the LRC, Main Building.
Please access the school by the Watery Lane entrance.
(Wednesday) 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Watery Lane, Merton, London SW20 9AD
On Wednesday 11 December, 200 students and staff will enjoy the live performance at the New Wimbledon Theatre. Reminder: Parents collecting students from the theatre after the show, should be available
On Wednesday 11 December, 200 students and staff will enjoy the live performance at the New Wimbledon Theatre.
Reminder: Parents collecting students from the theatre after the show, should be available by 3.20pm the latest.
Please contact Ms Dawkins for further details.
(Wednesday) 12:00 pm - 3:20 pm
New Wimbledon Theatre
Latest TwitterTweets by @RutlishSchool
Mobile phones, MP3 players, iDevices, smart watches etc. and their increasing sophistication present a number of issues in schools:
- The high monetary value.
- The integration of cameras leading to potential child protection and data protection issues.
- The potential for mobile technology to be used to bully other students.
- The potential to disrupt teaching and learning.
- The potential to use texting/messaging during the school day and whilst on silent mode.
- The time taken to investigate phone/device related incidents.
- The potential for malpractice in exams.
The School has, therefore, adopted a Zero Tolerance Policy which will be rigorously enforced.
- Phones and electronic devices (including headphones) will be confiscated and given to PC Crouch for storage.
- The Parents/Carer will be contacted and asked to collect the phone/device a week later.
- The incident will be logged on our Behaviour Management System.
- Any student who refuses to hand over the complete phone (battery and SIM card)/device when requested will be removed from the lesson by either PC Crouch or a member of the Senior Leadership Team. This in turn will lead to 1 day in Isolation in the first event and then a Fixed Term Exclusion for repeat offences.
- In circumstances where there is a suspicion that material on a phone is unsuitable the phone will be handed over to the Police for further investigation.
We understand that a parent/carer may wish for their son to have a mobile phone for their journey to and from school. In this situation a student should hand his phone/device into the school admin team before tutor time at the designated place for their year group. Students are made aware of where this will be for their year group.
- If a student needs to contact his parents/carers they will be allowed to use a school phone.
- If parents/carers need to contact their son(s) urgently they should phone the school office and a message will be relayed promptly.
- Rutlish School accepts no responsibility whatsoever for theft, loss or damage relating to phones/devices including those handed in / confiscated.
- Rutlish School will not investigate theft, loss or damage relating to phones/devices.