- The School Day
- School Uniform
- Free School Meals
- Rutlish School Awards
- Old Rutlishians Association
- Rutlish Foundation
- Special Educational Needs
- Medical Information
Latest TwitterTweets by @RutlishSchool
All students are expected to wear school uniform at all times. It is designed to be smart, comfortable and practical. Having a school uniform instils a sense of pride, avoids competitive dressing and helps to set the tone of the school. Uniform is a key aspect of creating a purposeful learning environment to allow students to work and realise their full potential.
As parents and carers we would like to thank you for your continued support in ensuring that high standards are reached. When purchasing new shoes and other items please ensure that they conform to school policy. All our uniform requirements, except the badge, tie, and PE kit are widely available from a range of suppliers. Please do not be convinced by your son that other items are acceptable for school. Your son’s Tutor and Head of Year will always be willing to advise you if you are unsure of any item of school clothing.
UNIFORM PRICE LIST SEPTEMBER 2018
UNIFORM AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE FROM THE RUTLISH UNIFORM SHOP. The Uniform Shop is open every Wednesday lunchtime.
Please note: new Year 7 students will be given details of time to buy uniform in their Induction Pack which is sent out in May.
PLEASE NOTE THAT RUTLISH SCHOOL IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL STOCKIST FOR BADGED ITEMS. We cannot exchange items that have been bought elsewhere.
|Black Blazer with badge (29” to 44”)||£30|
|Iron on blazer badge (for blazers not purchased at Rutlish)||£5|
|V-neck Black Jumper||Optional||£15|
PAYMENT BY CASH OR CHEQUE ONLY PLEASE – NO CARDS!
These are current prices. As new stock arrives there may be small increases from the manufacturers
- Black trousers (no jeans, chinos, cords, pinstripes).
- Plain white school shirt with a collar that is large enough at the neck to be fastened at all times.
- Plain black blazer with school badge (iron on badge available from the school shop).
- Black or grey socks.
- Sensible plain black shoes (no trainers or leisure/canvas shoes. Shoes should afford protection & be suitable for a formal situation & any laces should be black).
- Plain black V-neck jumper (optional).
- School tie (only available from the school shop).
- Plain outdoor/waterproof coat (hooded sweatshirts & tracksuit tops are not acceptable as coats).
- Black or navy scarf.
- Sensible woolly hat for winter (no baseball caps).
- A watch (no other jewellery).
- Suitable bag for carrying A4 size books and equipment (no fashion or small shoulder bags).
- School PE top (only available from the school shop).
- School PE shorts (only available from the school shop).
- School PE socks (only available from the school shop).
- White socks for summer.
- Trainers (non-marking & no plimsolls).
- Football or Rugby boots.
- Shin pads (recommended).
- Gum shield (recommended).
- Cold weather skins for under PE kit for winter (recommended & no hood).
- Plain black or navy tracksuit bottoms for winter (recommended).
- Plain black or navy tracksuit top for winter (recommended & no hood).
To avoid misunderstanding, the following clarification is given. We do NOT allow:
- Hoodie-style jackets or sweatshirts, tracksuit-type or sports tops or denim jackets.
- Polo neck shirts or shirts with a sports-type collar.
- Any colour other than white for shirts.
- Brown or any other colour of shoes.
- Trainers (except in PE lessons and at break/lunchtime), trainer-type boots, cross trainer shoes, leisure/canvas shoes of any kind (including Vans, Converse, Sketchers etc.), plimsolls, no coloured laces.
- Jeans, chinos, cords, combat trousers, tracksuit bottoms, pinstripes or other leisurewear including fashion belts & scarves.
- Trousers to be worn inside of socks.
- Non-school sweaters or cardigans.
- The top shirt button to be undone or for the shirt to be hanging outside of a student’s trousers.
- Ties to be worn with less than 6 double stripes showing.
- Hats to be worn inside of the school buildings e.g. in the corridors, in the classrooms etc.
- Hairstyles that follow extremes of fashion such as shaved heads, large patterns or dyed hair.
- Earrings, rings, any rings/studs/bars on the face, mouth, ear or body piercing for health and safety reasons.
- Ear expanders
Jewellery, non-school items will be confiscated. The item will be logged with PC Crouch and returned to parents/carers on application to PC Crouch. Rutlish School accepts no responsibility whatsoever for theft, loss or damage relating to the item(s) if confiscated.
All uniform and PE kit must be named.