- Business Studies
- Design and Technology
- Drama / Performing Arts
- Progress Centre
- Modern Foreign Languages
Latest TwitterTweets by @RutlishSchool
Why study art and design?
- Art and Design develops creative thinking and analytical skills that you can use in other subject areas.
- Encourages you to creatively express your thoughts and ideas.
- Develops good time management skills.
- Could be the first step towards a highly rewarding career in graphic design, illustration, fashion design, animation, set or stage design, advertising, interior design, photography, film directing …. and even teaching!
What will your son study?
He will have opportunities to:
- Work with different materials and techniques in both two and three dimensions, including painting,printing, drawing, sculpture, collage, digital media, video/film and ICT
- Study and critically evaluate the work of artists and designers
- Learn to develop your ideas creatively and independently
- Participate in trips to Art galleries and Museums both locally and abroad
- Have the opportunity to be involved in extra curricular clubs and activities
- Enjoy the calm and productive atmosphere in the class room
Enrichment and enhancement activities
Enrichment and enhancement activities play a vital role in supporting the teaching and learning process. We are proud of the work of our students and we celebrate their work around the school and in the local community.
Enrichment and enhancement activities have previously included:
- Mural projects
- Wimbledon College of Art workshops, exhibitions and events
- Community art projects
- Visits to the Tate Modern and The London Eye
- Educational trips to Barcelona, New York and Rome
- Exhibitions for KS3 and KS4 including MAD, Christmas and end of year shows of GCSE work
- Art and Maths KS2 transition project
- Lunchtime and after school art clubs
- Coursework entered for international competitions with a prize of being exhibited in the world renown Saatchi Gallery.