- Business Studies
- Design and Technology
- Drama / Performing Arts
- Progress Centre
- Modern Foreign Languages
Arrive for a 6.30pm start in the LRC, Main Building. Please access the school by the Watery Lane entrance.
Arrive for a 6.30pm start in the LRC, Main Building.
Please access the school by the Watery Lane entrance.
(Wednesday) 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Watery Lane, Merton, London SW20 9AD
On Wednesday 11 December, 200 students and staff will enjoy the live performance at the New Wimbledon Theatre. Reminder: Parents collecting students from the theatre after the show, should be available
On Wednesday 11 December, 200 students and staff will enjoy the live performance at the New Wimbledon Theatre.
Reminder: Parents collecting students from the theatre after the show, should be available by 3.20pm the latest.
Please contact Ms Dawkins for further details.
(Wednesday) 12:00 pm - 3:20 pm
New Wimbledon Theatre
Latest TwitterTweets by @RutlishSchool
BTEC qualifications at Rutlish are designed to provide specialist work-related qualifications in a range of sectors. They have been developed to provide the knowledge, understanding and functional skills necessary to prepare learners for employment and/or to provide career development opportunities for those already in work.
You will be given a variety of handouts and materials to supplement your class notes. You will have access to textbooks in the classroom. You are recommended to read the business pages of the broad-sheet newspapers: The Times, The Financial Times, The Guardian, The Telegraph, Independent etc, some of these being available on a daily basis in the library. There will be visits to local/regional businesses as well as hosting of different speakers to enhance a curricular experience.
KS4 – Units of Study
The BTEC Level 1 and Level 2 Tech Award in Enterprise consists of two mandatory units (Unit 1 & 2) plus two optional units that provide for a total of 120 guided-learning-hours (GLH) qualification or equivalent in teaching time to one GCSE.
BTEC Tech Award in Enterprise
The BTEC Level 1 and Level 2 Tech Award in Enterprise is a Level 2 qualification; however, it is graded at Level 2 Pass, Level 2 Merit, Level 2 Distinction, Level 2 Distinction*, Level 1 and Unclassified. The course:
● 120 guided-learning-hour qualification (equivalent in teaching time to one GCSE);
● 3 core units;
● 40% of the qualification that is externally assessed – Unit 3 ‘Promoting and Finance for Enterprise’. Edexcel sets and marks these assessments;
● available on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF);
● the development of core knowledge and understanding, including the range of enterprises and the key features and factors that contribute to an enterprise’s level of success;
● the development and application of skills such as analysing research, information, planning and financial forecasting, communicating and problem solving;
● reflective practice through carrying out a small enterprise activity that allows learners to respond to feedback and identify areas for improvement.
Promoting and Finance for Enterprise – Unit 3 (48 GLH)
Exploring Enterprises – Unit 1 (36 GLH)
Planning and Finance for Enterprise – Unit 2 (36 GLH)
The Business Studies department has high expectations of both students and teachers. Your teachers work hard and we expect you to be willing to learn for yourself, be respectful to others in your class and make your very best effort. Time is very short so we cannot afford to waste it. Work hard as well as positively and we will all achieve our best.
Mr A Redzepagic
Head of Department