The Governing Body
The Governing Body has a strategic responsibility for ensuring that the school is run effectively, acting within the framework set by legislation and the policies of the local authority and the governing body. It works with the Headteacher and senior leadership team to set priorities and targets for the school, and monitors progress against these targets.
Role of the Full Governing Body:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction that includes all Ofsted Criterion implemented via the School Development Plan that will include enrichment & extra-curricular activities;
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff in a safe environment;
- Act as a critical Friend to the School and ensure acceptability to all Key stakeholders that include pupils, parents, staff, Local Authority & Ofsted;
- Overseeing financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent that will include staff complement & pay policy;
- Appointment of Headteacher;
- Working with the Headteacher and staff, approval of School Policies.
The Rutlish Governing Body comprises of 15 Governors, as follows:
- 3 Parent Governors
- 1 Staff Governor
- 1 Headteacher
- 4 Foundation Governors – nominated by the Rutlish Foundation
- 1 Local Authority Governor – nominated by the Local Authority
- 5 Co-opted Governors
Copies of Governing Body minutes can be obtained from the Clerk via the email below or School Office.
To contact the Clerk to the Governors or Chair and Vice Chair of Governors please use the following contact details:
For information on school financial benchmarking please visit the Government website.
Employee salaries over £100,000
|No of employees with gross salary of £100,000- £110,000
|No of employees with gross salary of £110,000- 120,0000
|No of employees with gross salary of £120,000- 130,0000
|No of employees with gross salary of £130,000- £140,000
|No of employees with gross salary of £140,000- £150,000