The Governing Body
The Governing Body has a strategic responsibility for seeing that the school is run effectively, acting within the framework set by legislation and the policies of the local authority and the governing body. It works with the Headteacher and senior leadership team to set priorities and targets for the school, and monitors progress against these targets.
Parliament has given a range of duties and powers to governing bodies under the Education Acts which includes the following:
- Overseeing the management of the school including the budget and how, in strategic terms, it should be run.
- Ensuring the School Development Plan is implemented in accordance with Ofsted criteria.
- Setting appropriate targets for pupil achievement at KS3, KS4 (GCSE & BTEC) and KS5 (GCE & BTEC).
- Determining the staff complement and pay policy for the school.
- Participating in the appointment of the Headteacher, Deputy Headteachers and other staff.
- Regulating staff conduct and discipline.
- Drawing up an action plan after an Ofsted inspection.
The Rutlish Governing Body comprises of 16 Governors, as follows:
- 3 Parent Governors
- 1 Staff Governor
- 1 Headteacher
- 4 Foundation Governors – nominated by the Rutlish Foundation
- 1 Local Authority Governor – nominated by the Local Authority
- 5 Co-opted Governors
- 1 Associate Member (from September 2019)
The Full Governing Body meets regularly through the school year and the committees each meet on the same cycle.
Copies of Governing Body minutes and the School Information Publication Scheme which lists all the information which is publicly available, can be obtained from the Clerk via the email below or School Office.
To contact the Clerk to the Governors or Chair and Vice Chair of Governors please use the following contact details:
or write via the school at:
For information on school financial benchmarking please visit the Government website.
Employee salaries over £100,000
|No of employees with gross salary of £100,000- £110,000||1|
|No of employees with gross salary of £110,000- 120,0000||0|
|No of employees with gross salary of £120,000- 130,0000||0|
|No of employees with gross salary of £130,000- £140,000||0|
|No of employees with gross salary of £140,000- £150,000||0|