All students in Year 7 to 11 are expected to wear full school uniform at all times. It is designed to be smart, comfortable and practical. Having a school uniform instils a sense of pride, avoids competitive dressing and helps to set the tone of the school. Uniform is a key aspect of creating a purposeful learning environment to allow students to work and realise their full potential.
When purchasing new shoes and other items please ensure that they conform to school policy. Tutors and Heads of Year will always be willing to advise you if you are unsure of any item of school clothing.
All of our uniform is widely available, except the badge, tie, and PE kit which should be bought from the school.
UNIFORM PRICE LIST
The uniform below is available to purchase from the school. Orders and payment are made through the Rutlish App. Subject to availability, uniform can be collected from the Manor House on Wednesday lunchtimes. For details on how to access the Rutlish App:
PLEASE NOTE THAT RUTLISH SCHOOL IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL STOCKIST FOR BADGED ITEMS.
We cannot exchange items that have been bought elsewhere.
|Black Blazer with badge (29” to 44”)||£30||compulsory (can be bought from other stockists)|
|Iron on blazer badge (for blazers not purchased at Rutlish)||£5||compulsory|
|Rutlish water bottle||£3|
These are current prices. As new stock arrives there may be small increases from the manufacturers.
Please make sure all uniform and PE kit is named.
- Blazer: plain black blazer with school badge
- Shirt: plain white school shirt with a collar: top button fastened and shirt tucked in at all times
- Tie: school tie, worn with at least six double stripes showing
- Jumpers: plain black V-neck jumper (optional)
- Trousers: black trousers: no jeans, chinos, cords, pinstripes
- Socks: black or grey socks
- Shoes: sensible plain black shoes: no trainers or leisure/canvas shoes. Shoes should afford protection & be suitable for a formal situation & any laces should be black
- Coat: plain outdoor/waterproof coat: hooded sweatshirts & tracksuit tops are not acceptable as coats
- Scarf: black or navy scarf
- Hat: Sensible woolly hat for winter: no baseball caps, balaclavas or similar
- Bag: suitable bag for carrying A4 size books and equipment: no fashion or small shoulder bags
- Watch: with restrictions for exams
- School PE kit: includes top, shorts and socks
- White socks: for summer
- Trainers: non-marking, no plimsolls
- Boots: Football or rugby boots
- For winter:
- plain black or navy tracksuit bottoms and top with no hood
- Cold weather skins/base layer for under PE kit for winter: no hood
- Shin pads (recommended for football)
- Gum shield (recommended for rugby)
To avoid misunderstanding, the following clarification is given:
- No hoodie-style jackets or sweatshirts, sports tops or denim jackets.
- No polo neck shirts or shirts with a sports-type collar.
- No fashion belts or scarves.
- No trousers to be worn inside of socks.
- No hats, bandannas, balaclavas or similar to be worn inside the school buildings
- No hairstyles that follow extremes of fashion such as shaved heads, large patterns or dyed hair.
- No jewellery: earrings, rings, any rings/studs/bars on the face, mouth, ear or body piercing, ear expanders.
Items only available at the school shop are:
- Blazer badge
- School tie
- PE kit – shorts, shirt and socks
Jewellery and non-school items will be confiscated. The item will be logged with SLT and returned to parents/carers on application to SLT. Rutlish School accepts no responsibility whatsoever for theft, loss or damage relating to the item(s) if confiscated.
If you are facing financial hardship please contact the relevant Head of Year.