Our Vision & Ethos
Rutlish School is committed to providing the highest quality education and opportunities for students.
Rutlish has been successfully educating young men for over 125 years. In 2010, a mixed sixth form was introduced and is run jointly as RR6 with Ricards Lodge High School.
- The School is committed to providing the best possible education and opportunities for all our students irrespective of religion, race, culture or class or sexual orientation.
- We have high and challenging expectations of our students and place achieving their full potential at the heart of our educational aspirations.
- We offer a broad and balanced curriculum designed to meet the needs, interests and abilities of all our students.
- We are committed to educating the whole person and helping our pupils to understand the importance of responsibility, compassion, competition, fairness and honesty in all that they do.
- We teach students to be aspirational, innovative, creative and resilient, and inspired to achieve.
- The School offers 21st century facilities to support our students’ education.
- We aim to create an environment where students behave responsibly and staff are professional so they fully contribute as they develop a clear sense of belonging to the school community.
- We provide an environment for learning which is safe and secure recognising that education is very much a partnership between pupil, school and family.
- We expect students to respect the local community surrounding the school and to act as positive ambassadors for the school when off school premises to build and maintain positive relationships with our neighbours.
- We promote good behaviour, praise and rewards through active development of students’ social, emotional and behavioural skills.
- Sanctions are applied consistently, proportionately and reasonably, taking account of SEND, and the needs of vulnerable children and offering support as appropriate.
- Behaviour management is the responsibility of the whole school community.