Assessment & Reporting
There are three reports annually, one each term. There are two types of report, the full written report and the data report. Reports are sent home via email and uploaded to the parent/carer School Gateway account.
Information given in the report includes:
- Behaviour and achievement points
- Percentage attendance, authorised and unauthorised absences
- Lesson attendance (this percentage is based on the student being physically present in the lesson and can be affected by meetings/appointments etc)
- Department target grade (this represents the target based on KS2/3 test scores, national statistics and professional judgement of the Department)
- Working now at grade (reflects th student's current performance in tests and coursework)
- Predicted grade (the grade that the teacher believes the student is capable of by the end of the course)
- Once a year, following completion of the formal examinations, a student's exam grade will be reported in a data report.
Full Written Reports
This includes all of the above information, together with comments and targets from subject teachers and tutor.
Students sit formal examinations during each academic year: for Year 7 & 8 these are normally towards the end of June; Year 9 the end of April; Year 10 is normally March and Year 11 sit mock exams in December prior to completing the formal exams in the summer term.